WebBuy, the nation’s first, fully integrated car-buying application, will be in Booth 639 at the Digital Dealer Conference & Expo in Orlando, FL, April 9-11, where it will show top dealers and other industry representatives how to reach the rapidly growing “Amazon demographic” of consumers.
WebBuy has developed an innovative digital-retailing solution that allows buyers to choose a new or used vehicle from a dealer’s inventory and facilitate the purchase on the dealer’s website. Buyers lock in a price, get an instant trade-in offer, receive a real-time loan/lease approval, and proceed to an Amazon-like checkout. They get precise tax/rebates/incentive and trade payoff info, and then complete the deal — all online.
Members of the WebBuy team will be in Orlando to provide demonstrations of their app to dealers, lenders, OEM reps and other industry experts who want to discover how WebBuy can increase consumer engagement and sales at their dealerships. Industry research shows that the vast majority of consumers are looking for a “no-hassle” digital shopping experience, one that is transparent and user directed.
Dealerships across the U.S. such as Taylor Automotive Family, the largest car dealer in Northwest Ohio, and the Gosch Auto Group in California have introduced WebBuy to their websites and showrooms. With WebBuy, dealers can:
- Digitally run their dealership, retaining full control of all aspects of pricing and profitability.
- Let digital users land on an in-stock unit in the dealer’s current inventory.
- Provide customers an exact monthly payment and cash down options, in a customized “sandbox.”
- Accurately determine taxes, fees, incentives and rebates, continuously updating numbers to adjust to the never-ending rules and daily changes.
- Choose to market accessories and F&I products digitally
- Customize the trade-in functionality to maximize the accuracy of evaluating a trade-in without seeing the vehicle.
- Make a real time, actual offer to purchase appraised vehicles.
- Provide customers an exact monthly payment and cash down options, in a customized “sandbox,” and confirmation that financing is approved with rate and payment locked in.
- Send credit information to banks and provide customers with actual loan offers – not just pre-approvals, and confirmation that financing is approved with rate and payment locked with the customer choosing between two-to-three offers from finance sources they recognize.
- Leverage an “Amazon proceed to check-out” functionality to secure a sale.
Steve Zabawa, co-founder of WebBuy, has been a dealership owner for more than 30 years. He said that he and co-founder Tom Murray created the click-to-buy app “because of the obvious need for a quick, transparent way, in the ‘Amazon world,’ to buy a car.”
“WebBuy is for car dealerships what PayPal was to eBay,” Zabawa said. The company continues add dealerships, now in the hundreds, and is collaborating with multiple OEMs to use the app on websites across the U.S.
“We created WebBuy to provide the industry with an end-to-end, consumer-guided experience,” Murray said. “Digital retailing is the new business reality of meeting consumer expectations, and the opportunity for a dealer to meet consumers they never would have engaged with, previously.”
He said WebBuy has been embraced by hundreds of dealerships looking to reach the growing number of consumers who want a self-directed, digital-buying experience. WebBuy is the only “dealer-centric” solution in the marketplace, developed by dealers having a deep knowledge of the dealership sales process.