Albany, NY – Auto/Mate Dealership Systems announced recently the release of a free eBook for download titled The Auto Dealer’s Guide to Team Building. The eBook was developed to guide auto dealers through the process of turning managers and employees in various departments into one cohesive, productive and motivated team.
“Traditionally dealerships were set up to reward individual performance rather than team performance,” said Mike Esposito, president and CEO of Auto/Mate Dealership Systems. “As the retail automotive landscape changes, dealers are exploring new ways of structuring management and how to approach things like employee pay plans and customer communications. Building a workplace that fosters a team mentality is key to achieving new organizational objectives.”
Numerous studies document the benefits of team building. Members of a team:
· Communicate more effectively and have better relationships
· Motivate each other and hold one another accountable
· Learn to better identify their own and others’ strengths and weaknesses, and adjust responsibilities accordingly to maximize productivity
· Report higher levels of employee satisfaction, morale and happiness
· Promote mutual respect and understanding of fellow employees
· Have each other’s back
· Work together to achieve organizational objectives
· Prevent rogue employees from doing things their own way
The Auto Dealer’s Guide to Team Building lays out eight steps that dealers can follow to create a workplace that promotes a team philosophy. The eBook explains how in dealerships, teams can be organized not only by department but also into cross-functional teams for the purpose of solving problems and improving dealership-wide processes.
The Auto Dealer’s Guide to Team Building is available for download in the resources section of Auto/Mate’s website.
Auto/Mate is the No. 1 DMS vendor in customer satisfaction and provides a comprehensive DMS solution to more than 1,350 dealerships, from large auto groups to single franchises.