In support of the cities that host its annual show, the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) announced a $25,000 donation to the Three Square Food Bank in Las Vegas. Established in 2007, Three Square is Southern Nevada’s only food bank and the area’s largest hunger-relief organization.
“There are more than 131,000 children living in a food-insecure household. That’s one in four kids who don’t always know where their next meal is coming from,” said Brian Burton, president and CEO of Three Square. “When we talk about kids who don’t have enough to eat, that number should be zero. With generous community partners such as NADA, we can continue to provide wholesome meals to children and families in need.”
Three Square, a member of Feeding America, a national network of member food banks that fight to end hunger, will use the funds for their Bag Childhood Hunger Campaign, which supports Three Square’s Childhood Nutrition Programs, ensuring children receive wholesome, nutritious meals after school, over the weekend and during the summer months.
“NADA has a long history of supporting local organizations in cities that host its annual show,” said NADA Show committee chairman Scott Dube. “Dealers across the country are committed to the communities that they live and work. We are privileged to support Three Square’s work to end hunger in the Las Vegas area.”
Past NADA Show donations include:
- 2021 (New Orleans): NADA donated $25,000 to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- 2020 (Las Vegas): NADA donated $50,000 to the Nellis Support Team, a nonprofit organization whose supports airmen and their families at Nellis Air Force Base, Creech Air Force Base and Nevada Test and Training Range.
- 2019 (San Francisco): NADA donated $50,000 to the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank to support the purchase of a new refrigerated truck;
- 2018 (Las Vegas): NADA donated $50,000 to the Nellis Support Team, a nonprofit group that supports military families at Nellis Air Force Base, Creech Air Force Base and the Nevada Test and Training Range in southern Nevada;
- 2017 (New Orleans): The NADA Foundation provided a $50,000 grant to the Emeril Lagasse Foundation, which supports Café Reconcile, a culinary job training program for young adults from at risk communities;
- 2016 (Las Vegas): NADA donated a new delivery van valued at $52,000 to Three Square Food Bank; and
- 2015 (San Francisco): The NADA Foundation provided a $50,000 grant to the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
NADA Show 2022, the Auto Industry Event of the Year, returns to Las Vegas in-person from March10 to 13, 2022 – offering attendees award winning dealer education, franchise meetings, industry networking and the NADA Expo.