Subaru is returning to the Chicago Auto Show three years after it presented the sixth generation Legacy in 2014 with the facelifted model.
The 2018 Legacy comes with styling tweaks - though you’ll be hard pressed to notice unless you’re a fan of the brand, together with improvements to the chassis and upgrades to the comfort and technology features.
Looking at the updated Legacy from the front, you’ll find a broader front grille with a distinctive wing element, new headlamp clusters with daytime LED running lights, and a restyled bumper with wider and lower air intake, while at the back, there’s a new rear bumper design that includes integrated tailpipes. Subaru also added new wheel designs and two new colors named Magnetite Gray Metallic and Crimson Red Pear.
Inside, Subaru brought the Legacy up to date on the tech front with an improved and faster STARLINK Multimedia system with bigger 6.5-inch standard and optional 8-inch screens that replace the previous 6.0 and 7.2 inch screens respectively. The system is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable and adds a series of new apps, including one for…bird watchers:
• Magellan NAVI offers advanced cloud-based mapping
• eBird advises of local bird sightings and locations
• Best Parking locates and compares parking rates
• YELP delivers crowd sourced reviews of businesses
• Glympse provides real-time location sharing
• RightTrack monitors driving habits and recommends improvements
• Quick Guide is a digital reference guide for the vehicle
• eventseeker provides information on local events
The center console surround is also new as is the steering wheel, while on Premium and higher trims, Subaru used real stitching on the dash, seats and door panels along with high-gloss black trim and silver-color bezels for various controls.
* Story is being updated